FREE HOME ENERGY WORKSHOP AND SOLAR (PANEL) PV BASICS
The Town of Parma is offering this free event to the public on Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 1300 Hilton Parma Corners Road, Hilton, NY in the Town Board meeting Room from 6:00pm to 8:30pm.
Presenters will be:
Home Energy Workshop - PathStone, a Rochester based not-for-profit community development and human services organization. Their presentation will provide:
- program and eligibility information, energy education and application assistance.
- Homeowners and landlords will learn how they can qualify for a Free or reduced cost energy audit and receive up to $5000 ($10,000 for landlords) in grants from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) to make energy improvements.
- Low interest loans are also available through PathStone Enterprise Center for any additional improvements.
Solar (Panel) PV Basics - NYSERDA’s NY- Sun PV Trainers Network – The NY- Sun Initiative is a multifaceted approach which aims to lower energy costs for all New Yorkers by increasing solar power capacity and the efficiency and reliability of the electric grid.
This presentation will provide an overview of:
- Solar( Panel) PV technology and how they can reduce your electric bill
- Considerations for installing solar at your home
- State and Federal solar PV policies and incentives to help lower home owner costs
By the end of the presentation, participants should feel more comfortable with solar PV and the process of going solar for their home energy needs.
See attached flyer for more details. We hope to see you there.
YELLOW DOT KITS AVAILABLE AT THE PARMA TOWN HALL - What is a Yellow Dot Kit? The NYS Sheriff’s Department Yellow Dot Program is designed to help first responders provide life-saving medical attention during the first “golden hour” after a crash or an emergency. More...
AARP Tax Service – Attention Senior Citizens. AARP trained tax preparers are available to prepare State and Federal income taxes for senior citizens. There is NO CHARGE for this valuable service. You must register for an appointment. For more information on this service click here.
Welcome to the newly designed Town of Parma website. We hope you will find the new format more informative and user friendly. It is our goal to provide the public with better access to information regarding our Town. More...
Urban-Suburban Program - This is a program that provides a small number of Rochester City School District students the opportunity to be educated in a participating Monroe County school system. More...
2015 CONSERVATION TREE AND SHRUB PROGRAM LAUNCHED
Winter has arrived and as difficult as it may seem, spring will be here before you know it! In preparation, the Monroe County Soil and Water Conservation District has released their Conservation Tree and Shrub species list for the spring of 2015. More...